As you may know, PICMET'08 (Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology) Conference will be held at the Westin Grand Hotel (currently named Arabella Sheraton, but changing its name to Westin) in Cape Town, South Africa on July 27-31. The theme is "Technology Management for a Sustainable Economy".
Emphasis will be placed on both manufacturing and service sectors. There will be a special focus on energy. Detailed information about the conference is available at www.picmet.org.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is November 30, 2007
Abstracts, up to 200 words long, can be submitted for any of the five types of presentation listed below.
1. Research paper: On-going or completed research on technology management
2. Application paper: Cases, industry application, successful and unsuccessful strategies in technology management
3. Panel discussion: Brief presentations by 3-4 panelists followed by a Question/Answer session
4. Session: Three papers by different authors addressing various aspects of an issue
5. Tutorial: Authoritative presentation on critical topics in technology management
After the acceptance of abstracts, the authors wil be asked to submit full papers which will be subjected to a double-blind refereeing process. The accepted papers will be scheduled for presentation in the conference, and will be published in the PICMET'08 Proceedings, which are included in all major indexes in COMPENDEX and INSPEC.
We are looking forward to receiving your abstract(s) soon and seeing you in beautiful Cape Town on July 27-31, 2008.
Dundar Kocaoglu, PhD
President and CEO, PICMET
Dundar F. Kocaoglu, Ph.D., Fellow, IEEE
Professor and Chair, Engineering & Technology Management Department and President and CEO, PICMET
Maseeh College of Eng'g. & Computer Science
Portland State University, P.O. Box 751
Portland, OR 97207-0751